November 28, 2016 – Call to order 6:08 p.m.
Attendees: Melissa Horn, Margie Grimsley, Angela Medbery, Tom Brunn, and Jennifer Qualteri, and Cindy Snalam.
- Procedures to review and approve the executive and general assembly meetings were developed. The minutes will be typed and sent by way of email to the board. The board will review and send comments, and then the minutes will be revised and a final copy will be sent to the SLCG President, Vice President and webmaster.
- Treasury procedures were also touched on. It was determined that once a year at the annual meeting records would be made available as a topic. A long term plan is to develop a SLCG budget.
- December 14th meeting will be the annual Christmas party, and held at the Metro Manner from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This party will be a potluck and the SLCG board will provide the wine. The board also will be responsible for the set up and break down of the event. City council representatives will be invited, and the party will be mentioned in the newsletter and on nextdoor.com. Earthlinks will be invited to set up a table for anyone who wants to buy their items at the party.
- There will be a bond meeting held at the Corkey Gonzales library on November 29th. Board members planned to attend.
- A closed meeting for the Wittier Cofield design team will be held on November 30th to discuss the Merritt Church Property.
- The Chess Club Tournament on December 3rd will be held at North High School. SLCG will put an informational flyer in the bags that are distributed there. Melissa will make the flyer that goes into the bags
- Earthlinks will hold their 5th annual open house on December 9th in the afternoon and December 10th during the day, earthlinks-colorado.org. Their board will also share tea and snacks with attendees.
- December 17th is the Del Norte Holiday party sponsored by the SLCG. The event will be held from 1-3 p.m.. Pins will be given to Vietnam Veterans, and gift cards will be given to the Del Norte residents’ children. $200.00 was collected to buy Walmart gift cards worth $25 each. Leann Seltzer will coordinate the event. A volunteer list was started, and finalized by way of email.
- An update was given on the November 15th Neighbors of the Stadium meeting. 1) The stadium has partnered with 24 hour fitness for exercise stations around the stadium, and a map of the exercise stations will be made available. 2) The Colorado Department of Transportation has purchased one of the parking lots to build on; CDOT will have about 75 people working at their new site.
- On November 16th there was a Paco Sanchez Park meeting The gentrification committee was in attendance There was enough funding to compete the first phase of the project, but money is still needed to complete about 2/3 of the project .
- Zoning update on 2736/2738 Irving. The property owners want reprieve from block set back requirement.
- December meeting to be a virtual meeting.
- Corporal Baca will be given the 2016 SLCG Good Neighbor Award.
- Tom will get information on a free conference call line.
- Future meeting suggestions:
- Parks and Recreation new policy on permitting. What will happen to previous commitments; will the old policy be grandfathered?
- CDOT’s new building.
- What does proposition 300 mean to us?
- Zoning Report.
Adjourned at approximately 7:30 p.m.